Focused Energy VP Sales
Vice President of Sales
Location: Denver Market
Player to Coach:
Initial primary focus will be selling consulting engagements, managing third party relationships, then building out the sales department
This position will be central to Focused Energy’s Lower Middle Market expansion
Scaling the Team:
Building on your initial engagement wins, you will hire sales and marketing professionals
This role has a defined path to Chief Revenue Officer
- Focused Energy seeks a player/coach VP of Sales who will close consulting engagements while creating a strategy to expand the sales department and transition to managing a successful sales team.
- Manage third party relationships: outsourced lead generation, marketing, etc.
- Consulting engagement solutions to lower middle market companies include CFO and COO services, strategic financial services and strategic operations.
- Autonomous authority with sales & marketing budget, sales planning and hiring responsibilities.
- You will create the sales organization from the ground up.
- Paired with a presales subject matter expert.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of individual contributor success while scaling a sales team. The successful candidate will embrace and own the opportunity to drive Focused Energy’s growth. They are looking for someone to create the fence line, not play within one.
A successful track record of selling to the CxO level in a consultative advisor capacity based on trust, relationship ownership and shared client passion for growth and business solutions is imperative.
Compensation plan includes a base salary range of $152,500 – $186,300, with uncapped commissions and equity.
Introducing Focused Energy
Founder & Managing Partner
Drew Lyon founded Focused Energy 10 years ago because of his passion for helping other companies scale and thrive. A knowledge of finance combined with a respect for innovation led Drew to start a company dedicated to helping people with great ideas create prosperous businesses.
He is a vocal advocate for the CFO to be more strategic, and be a thought leader internally, while looking beyond the spreadsheets believing that, “Numbers tell a story.”
He is an advisor with Blackstone Entrepreneurs Network Colorado, a member with Entrepreneurs Organization and gives back to the community with Wish for Wheels as a Board of Advisor member.
Drew has been featured on podcasts, webinars, panels and in Forbes. Personal interests includes traveling and painting.
Mike Lavilla joined Focused Energy three years ago as a Managing Partner.
He brings a wealth of cross industry experience to the firm and their clients. From telecommunications, financial services, retail to hospitality, Mike helps clients navigate growing pains while fostering Focused Energy’s growth of offerings.
Mike led the expansion of Focused Energy’s new operations program strategy, with the goal to realign systems, improve business efficiency and profitability, optimize systems, improve customer relationships and incorporate accountability and continuous improvement throughout the program.
What We Do
Focused Energy is a CFO, finance and business strategy firm for small and medium-sized companies. They help business leaders understand their finances and operations, so they can focus on their vision and build their company.
Their diverse experts provide strategic guidance to help business leaders achieve their mission, improve profitability and reduce stress. From small businesses to Fortune 500 organizations, companies choose their fractional finance and operations team because they often struggle to find the time, resources or expertise to efficiently scale.
Working in tandem, or as an extension of a company’s leadership team, businesses reap the benefit of outsourced advisors able to provide a myriad of high-level expertise in a single package, at a fraction of what they would normally pay for full-time staff.
Driven and inspired by their core values and passionate and energetic leadership, Focused Energy brings focus, drive, and compassion to their client portfolio today. They’re different from your average advisors, priding themselves as the straight-shooters, the planners, the strategists, the data geeks and expert communicators that make positive change happen. Partnering with business leaders to ensure clear and practiced decisions that are focused on the company’s long-term goals.
- Average client engagement is 2.5 years
- Organically grow client’s revenue between 50%-100%
- Focused Energy Consultants are key members of their client’s executive leadership
- Consultants are not drones- they provide substantive impact on growth, fundraise and executive mentorship
For more information visit https://focusedenergy.work
Fractional Accounting - Finance - Operations
See beyond the obvious
Strategic Financial Services
- Fractional CFO & Leadership
- Financial Modeling & Forecasting
- Budget to Actual
- Due Diligence, Fundraising & Valuation
- Cashflow Analysis
- Audit Preparation
- Expansion Plans
- Profitability Improvement
Strategic Operations Solutions
- Fractional COO & Leadership
- Resources & Staff Planning
- Organizational Alignment (people, process, technology)
- Operational Planning & Strategy
- Change Management
- Business Strategy, Creation & Execution
- Continuous Business Improvement
- Transition & Succession Planning